Ken Gordon, the other owner of downtown pastrami etc joint Kenny & Zuke's, aka the one who isn't named Nick A. Zukin, spoke to Breakfast in Bridgetown about the history of the New York-y deli, his own history, and what a bialy is. Entire podcast is available, but a few highlights:
· "I used to work for $1.90 an hour."
· "The deli scene was the same before we opened Kenny & Zuke's."
· "Podnah's on Prescott is the best barbecue in town."
· "Food's not a competitive sport."
For more, listen up, and listen up for Zuke, this Friday at 1pm.
· Ken Gordon [Breakfast in Bridgetown]
Image of Ken Gordon courtesy Portland Plated