Image of Hopworks courtesy Brad C. via Yelp
Here in Beervana, literally every day — especially in the summer — is basically an informal celebration and appreciation of all things beer. So when Oregon Craft Beer Month rolls around in July, local breweries apparently feel the need to pull out all the freakin' stops: Just reading the full calendar of events is enough to make one's liver shiver with anticipation. After a statewide brewer's toast kicking things off tomorrow night at 6pm, prepare for 31 glorious days of imbibing.
· PUCKERFEST (July 9-15) Consummate beer bar Belmont Station celebrates sour beers during its fourth-annual Puckerfest; festivities include a create-your-own Lambic night and a charity event with Upright Brewing.
· BREWERS BBQ (July 14) Laurelwood Public House and Brewery celebrates a beer release with a BBQ... on the roof of its NE brewery. Sold.
· FULL SAIL BEER & CHEESE TASTING (July 14) Full Sail brewmaster John Harris visits Morton's Steakhouse for an educational beer, cheese, and small-plate pairing, featuring some of Morton's signature appetizers.
· HOPWORKS BEER DINNER (July 15) The boys at Simpatica Catering and Dining Hall pair up with Hopworks Urban Brewery for a one-night-only dinner.
· BEER‘N’BURGERS (July 17) Portland Monthly throws an outdoor street party to benefit Partners for a Hunger Free Oregon, featuring sliders by five mystery local chefs and plenty of pours.
· OAKSHIRE BEER DINNER (July 22) Scratch in Lake Oswego — whose chef, Patrick Warner, also recently taped an episode of Iron Chef America, pairs with Eugene's Oakshire Brewing for a beer pairing dinner.
· 23RD ANNUAL OREGON BREWERS FESTIVAL (July 22-25) The month's main event crashes Waterfront Park with more than 80 craft beers on tap.
· BONES AND BREW (July 31) The Rogue Public House fires up the grill for its 16th-annual Bones and Brew fest, a dog-friendly charity event that also features a bleu ball eating contest (giggle).
· Oregon Craft Beer Month [Official site]