Image of GABF 2012 courtesy Andra Zeppelin/Eater Denver
This weekend, a shit-ton of brewers, beer geeks, and costumed drunks descended on Denver for the Great American Beer Festival, where medals for "America's Best" brews were awarded in 84 different categories. Unsurprisingly, Portland and the state of Oregon took home its fair share of hardware — Laurelwood Brewing emerged as PDX's most decorated (with two medals), while Bend's 10 Barrel Brewing, Hood River's Full Sail, and Baker City's Brown's Brew Pub also returned with multiple award-winners.
· Burnside Brewing Co.: Gold in the "Herb and Spice Beer" category for its Sweet Heat
· Laurelwood Brewing: Gold in the Imperial Red Ale category for its Organic Deranger; Bronze in the English-Style Summer Ale category for its Mother Lode Golden Ale
· Columbia River Brewing: Silver in the Oatmeal Stout category for its Stumbler's Stout
· Breakside Brewery: Silver in the English-Style Mild Ale for its Breakside Session Brown
· The Commons Brewery: Silver in the "American-Style Brett Ale" category for its Flemish Kiss
· Harvester Brewing: Bronze in the Gluten-Free Beer category for its Pale Ale
· Hopworks Urban Brewery: Bronze in the "Kellerbier or Zwickerlbier" category for its Organic Hopworks Kellerbier
For complete GABF coverage, visit our friends at Eater Denver.
· Great American Beer Festival [Official site]