The "Portlandia Cookbook" was released this week, featuring jokey-but-legit recipes and questionable advice from characters on the show. Eater got an early peek at it here, and we have no doubt it will be everyone's go-to White Elephant gift this holiday season.
But one of our favorite spin-offs is this menu generator. Refresh the page and get a new Portlandish menu every time. The craziest thing is the dishes sound almost reasonable. Here's a sample:
- béchamel pesto served with striped bass and asparagus reduction
- lamb breast burger with radish frites and mushroom granita, for dipping
- vegan sopressata crostini with whey
- nose-to-tail pickled rhubarb salad of asparagus blossoms
- toasted venison served on a skewer in a beet and yeast brew