Part of Hilton Worldwide Holdings, The Porter Portland hotel is expected to open February 2018 at 1355 SW 2nd Ave. in downtown Portland, near the Keller Auditorium. It will bring around 300 rooms and four unique dining options — as well as a familiar face in the kitchen.
Porter Portland tells Eater it has named AJ Voytko executive chef, charged with overseeing all four establishments. Voytko has helmed the burners at the Original Dinerant for the past three years.
At the Original Dinerant, Voytko earned a reputation for over-the-top diner classics, like a grilled cheese involving shoestring fries, prompting a visit from Guy Fieri of the Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Before that, Voytko was named a Rising Star of American Cuisine by the James Beard Foundation, while cooking in San Diego.
Voytko’s 22 years of experience will come in handy overseeing these four restaurants, all housed inside The Porter Portland:
● Terrane Italian Kitchen + Bar: This will be the Porter’s big-time restaurant. With an Italian focus, Terrane will have an upscale setting and cook with a wood-burning grill and oven.
● Xport Bar & Lounge: Here, the focus is small plates and cocktails, and they come with two outdoor dining decks with fire pits and views of both the city and the Cascade Range.
● Chiosco: The Porter will enter the Portland pizza game with this Neapolitan pizza window, serving to-go pizzas.
● Portland Exchange Grocer & Goods: A sort of Italian cafe and deli, this spot will serve food from Terrane for those on the go: coffee, pastries, paninis, calzones, cured meats, gelatos, and more.
When it opens next year, The Porter Portland will bring yet another robust hotel dining program to downtown. How it will find a way to stand out among Portland’s many incredible hotel restaurants is the question.
- The Porter Hotel [Official]