Today is the 10th anniversary of Naomi Pomeroy’s Beast — the fearless restaurant that helped define Portland as one of America’s most culinarily creative cities with whole-animal butchery and decadent items like those iconic foie gras bon bons. Beast has always done its own thang, but to celebrate, Pomeroy is doing something remarkably original: Inviting 12 of America’s most accomplished chefs, like April Bloomfield of The Spotted Pig and Danny Bowien and Angela Dimayuga of Mission Chinese Food, to collaborate with her for 10 special dinners at Beast throughout the next year.
“The greatest joy I've ever felt personally from my time here at Beast,” writes Pomeroy, “has been in being invited to cook and share ideas with others."
The dinners run select dates from October 23, 2017, to August 21, 2018 (see the full schedule below). At noon tomorrow, September 28, five sets of tickets — two to each of the 10 dinners — will go on sale for $5500 (includes food, beverage pairings, and gratuity).
For everyone else, individual tickets will go on sale around one month before each dinner and cost $275 (includes all food, drink, and gratuity). Beast is announcing them with its newsletter, which you can sign up for on the website (or you can also binge watch the Brown Paper Tickets event page until they’re posted).
Here’s the complete line-up of chefs and dinner dates as part of Beast’s 10 for 10 chef series:
- October 23, 2017 / Danny Bowien & Angela Dimayuga (Mission Chinese Food)
- January 8, 2018 / Jon Shook & Vinny Dotolo (animal, Son of a Gun, Jon & Vinnys)
- January 30, 2018 / Ignacio Mattos (estela, Cafe Altro Paradiso, Flora Bar at Met Breuer)
- February 12, 2018 / Nancy Silverton (Mozza Restaurant Group)
- March 20, 2018 / Linton Hopkins (Restaurant Eugene, Holeman & Finch, C. Ellets)
- April 16, 2018 / Jeremy Fox (Rustic Canyon, Esters Wine Bar)
- May 15, 2018 / Jamie Bissonnette (Toro, Little Donkey, Coppa)
- June 19, 2018 / April Bloomfield ( The Spotted Pig, The Breslin, The John Dory Oyster Bar)
- July 9, 2018 / Dominique Crenn (Atelier Crenn, Petit Crenn, Bar Crenn)
- August 21, 2018 / Gavin Kaysen (Spoon & Stable, Bellecour)