A little news from wine country this morning: Bless Your Heart Burgers & Bar, the McMinnville location of restaurateur John Gorham’s burger chain, has closed within the Atticus Hotel. The restaurant announced its closure yesterday on Facebook with two short sentences: “We are closed. Thank you McMinnville!”
Gorham provided more context via email. Earlier this year, Gorham stepped away from his restaurant group to undergo and recover from brain surgery. “I had an obligation to open that location that coincided with my brain surgery,” he writes. “Needless to say I didn’t have the energy or strength for my first project outside of Portland.”
These days, Gorham has plenty on his plate: N Williams brunch sensation Tasty n Sons is still planning to move to SE Division, and the restaurant group still has an infant of a restaurant to babysit, the SE Portland Shalom Y’all. Bless Your Heart remains open in Pine Street Market, and beloved wine country deli Red Hills Market will fill the McMinnville location’s space.
• Bless Your Heart Burgers [Official]
• Bless Your Heart Burgers & Bar [Facebook]
• Toro Bravo chef John Gorham to undergo brain surgery [The Oregonian]
• Brunch Essential Tasty n Sons Will Move to SE Division [EPDX]
• Second Shalom Y’all Restaurant Opens [EPDX]