A food cart exploded at a pod in Beaverton today, KPTV reports.
Police and emergency crews responded to a call at BG’s Food Cartel at around 10 a.m. today after a cart exploded, injuring one person. According to the KPTV report, someone was inside the truck when it exploded and was taken to the hospital. Police didn’t release the name of the truck, but video on the scene shows damage to the Crepes and Waffles stand.
A Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue spokesperson said the incident was likely an accidental propane explosion.
Here is a look at the food cart in Beaverton the exploded this morning. Owner of the property says a woman was taken to the hospital but is okay. pic.twitter.com/vo99sRlUhe— John Hendricks (@JohnKPTV) March 21, 2018
The pod closed down for the rest of the day but should re-open tomorrow. BG’s Food Cartel, which opened this February as Beaverton’s first food pod, has around 30 carts.
The investigation is still open.
• BG’s Food Cartel [Official]
• Emergency crews respond to explosion at food cart in Beaverton [KPTV]
• One injured after explosion at Beaverton food cart [KATU]