Those patiently waiting for the new Foster-Powell fast-food spot from Little Big Burger founder Micah Camden and partner Matt Lynch (Boxer Ramen), the wait is almost over. Super Deluxe will begin serving burgers in mere days, according to the restaurant’s instagram account. Earlier today, the restaurant’s official account posted a photo of the opening team, saying the burger team is “gonna be waiting for ya come Monday.”
The Oregonian first reported on the incoming burger shop, after reporter Lizzy Acker spotted a post on the Portland subreddit discussing the new shop. In a follow-up story, Lynch said the burgers will be similar to that of Shake Shack, with burgers, chicken sandwiches, and handmade chicken nuggets. Portland’s favorite fast food critic and Simpsons writer Bill Oakley took a peek inside in late June, showing off the menu and cheeseburgers on the griddle. Try them yourself within the Saturday preview window, or pop in on Monday at 5009 SE Powell Boulevard.
Correction: This story has been corrected to show that the restaurant opens Monday, not Saturday. The event on Saturday is a private friends-and-family dinner.
• Super Deluxe [Official]
• Super Deluxe [Instagram]
• Is Portland getting a new drive-thru from a founder of Little Big Burger? [The O]
• New Portland drive-thru from Little Big Burger alums plans to be open from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. [The O]
• Foster Powell Burger Restaurant Identified [Reddit]
• Portland Fast-Food Blogger Bill Oakley Is Maybe Best Known For His Writing On “The Simpsons” [Willamette Week]
• ThatBillOakley [Instagram]