The new keg on the block is rolling east, and it’ll be ready to tap any day now. As Brewpublic first reported, Von Ebert Brewing’s second location on the Glendoveer Golf Course will open July 16 in the former RingSide Grill location. Earlier this year, Portland’s local branch of Fat Head’s became Von Ebert Brewing, a local brewery with The Commons’ Sean Burke handling the beers. Owner Tom S. Cook announced plans to take over the 10th hole restaurant in May, mere months after opening Von Ebert’s first location in March. Now, Cook is already planning to open more brewpubs serving Von Ebert beer, the Portland Business Journal reports.
The new location is more than a brewpub, however: Starting this fall, Von Ebert East will have a hardcore brewing system perfect for German-and-Belgian-style beers, fruit beers, mixed cultures, and sours, an experimental setup to match Burke’s innovative brewing style. For the summer opening, however, the eastern outpost will start with 20 beers brewed at Von Ebert’s Pearl District flagship, as well as smoked pork belly Cubanos and several pizzas. And golfers, feel free to bring the kids — Von Ebert East is kid-friendly, with expansive, partially covered patios for a brew and a burger.
• Von Ebert Brewing [Official]
• Von Ebert Brewing - East will open on July 16 [Brewpublic]
• Why this Portland brewery could be hitting your neighborhood — and several others — soon [PoBizJo]
• Fat Head’s Replacement Will Open With Around 30 Beers [EPDX]
• Prolific Brewery Von Ebert Will Open its Second Location Early This Summer [EPDX]
• All Von Ebert coverage [EPDX]
• Ringside Grill Is Closing This Month [EPDX]
• The Commons Brewery Is Finally Closing [EPDX]