Back in September, Bravo revealed that the 2021 season of the uber-popular competitive cooking show, Top Chef, would take place in Portland, featuring cameos from local chef Gregory Gourdet. Today, the network dropped the trailer for the new season, revealing the slate of contestants.
Two Oregon chefs will appear on the show when it premieres April 1: Gabriel Pascuzzi, known for his restaurants Stacked Sandwich Shop and Mama Bird, and Sara Hauman, the former chef at Arden who has since moved to Soter Vineyards. They will join other chefs from around the country gallivanting across the state, competing in challenges set in the Columbia River Gorge, Tillamook Creamery, and the Willamette Valley. Other Portland chefs will appear on the show for challenges and conversations, including Le Pigeon chef and co-owner Gabriel Rucker. The trailer also shows off a meal at Akadi, the celebrated West African restaurant currently on hiatus.
According to a press release, Portlandia stars Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein will also appear on the upcoming season of Top Chef, likely pissing off locals who resent the constant references to the IFC show.
Find the full list of contestants, and the trailer, below:
- Brittanny Anderson - Richmond, VA
- Avishar Barua - Columbus, OH
- Dawn Burrell – Houston, TX
- Gabe Erales - Austin, TX
- Nelson German - Oakland, CA
- Byron Gomez – Aspen, CO
- Sasha Grumman - Houston, TX
- Roscoe Hall - Birmingham, AL
- Sara Hauman - Portland, OR
- Kiki Louya - Detroit, MI
- Maria Mazon - Tucson, Arizona
- Shota Nakajima - Seattle, WA
- Gabriel Pascuzzi – Portland, OR
- Jamie Tran - Las Vegas, NV
- Chris Viaud- Milford, NH
• Top Chef Portland trailer [Official]
• The Next Season of ‘Top Chef’ Will Take Place in Portland [EPDX]