One person was killed and two others were injured during a shooting at Silver Dollar Pizza on Northwest 21st Avenue this morning. According to statement released by the Portland Police Bureau, officers arrived at the pizzeria and sports bar just before 2 a.m. on Friday morning, responding to reports of gunfire near the Nob Hill restaurant. One resident told the Oregonian that she heard “between eight to 10 shots” and “...the sound of a person screaming.” Police report that three men were shot by the time officers arrived. An ambulance transported one victim to a nearby hospital, while the other surviving victim took a private car; the third died on the scene. The two survivors’ current medical status is unknown. The suspects left the scene before police arrived; Portland police have not released a description of any suspect, and is currently searching for potential witnesses.
This is the second confirmed shooting in a restaurant this month alone, after a gun fight broke out at soul food restaurant Everybody Eats in early September. It’s also the 66th confirmed homicide of the year, making it the most violent year in recent Portland history, according to the Oregonian.
Eater Portland has reached out to Silver Dollar Pizza for comment. This story will be updated with more information.
• Homicide at Pizza Restaurant in Northwest Neighborhood [PPB]
• 1 killed, 2 injured in Nob Hill sports bar shooting [KOIN]
• One dead, two injured in overnight shooting at NW Portland pizza restaurant [O]
• A Gunfight Broke Out at Pearl District Restaurant Everybody Eats this Weekend [EPDX]
• 1 dead, 2 injured after shooting at sports bar in NW Portland [KGW]